Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
1. Scientific Degree
The system of study of the bachelor’s degree, provided by the faculty, is accomplished through the following regulations of Credit Hour system.
2. System of Study
Credit Hour System
- Credit hour is an educational measuring unit that decides the value of each syllabus compared to other syllabuses and it is equal to one-hour lecture per week in a single semester and two
practical or laboratory hours per week in a single semester. Besides, there is a summer training of 5 hours per week for 10 weeks during summer vacations after the third level.
- The semester’s duration is 15 weeks including the exams.
- The academic year falls in two main semesters known as level “level of study”. The study program consists of 10 semesters each one falls into 15 weeks including exams. Each semester is considered a separate level that ends with a final exam. The two semesters
are separated with a midyear vacation in January or as shown in the university council annual calendar.
- In limited cases, the faculty council can arrange an intensified summer semester (third) that is 6-8 weeks including exams, on the proposal of the relevant department council and the possibilities and resources of the faculty. The teaching hours, dedicated for each course, are multiplied, considering that the maximum academic load is 9 hours.
The student is allowed to register in the summer semester in the following cases:
- The student should not exceed the maximum limit of the academic load in either of the two semesters.
- The student’s desire to re-study the course he failed to pass.
- The student’s desire to raise his/her grades in previously studied courses to improve the cumulative grade point average (CGPA). In the condition that this CGPA is less than (2).
- If this registration permits a change in the student’s case to move to the higher level.
- The student’s completion of graduation requirements.
- Language of Study
- English language is the language of study in the faculty of Pharmacy. However, some courses might be studied in Arabic language in agreement with teaching and students’ affairs committee and the faculty council.
- The student registers in level 2 if he passes at least 26 credit hours, registers in level 3 if he passes at least 59 credit hours, moves to level 4 if he passes at least 89 credit hours and he is regarded in level 5 if he passes at least 120 credit hours.
3. Language of Study
The English language is the language of study in the faculty of Pharmacy. However, some courses might be studied in the Arabic language in agreement with the teaching and students’ affairs committee and the faculty council.
4. Student Evaluation
5. Study Plan
welcome everybody who participates in building a future for our own country to help it take a considerably distinctive place among nations.